Monday, March 18, 2013
- Loop wallet/Money belt – Need we say more about this? Keep your valuables secure at all times with this hidden pouch.
- Pillow case – Pillows are bulky and can take up a lot of space, but you can bring the case and then fashion a pillow out of clothes. Or, use it to add an additional layer on a questionable offering in your not-so-luxury accommodations.
- Notebook/pens – Sure you think you'll always remember the details of your trip, but this handy item will guarantee you'll still have the name of that sweetie you met in D.C and are planning to reunite with in San Francisco.
- Day pack – For those times when you want more than what's in your wallet.
- Sleeping bag liner – If you've ever been to a hostel besides the Green Tortoise, this needs no explanation.
- Novel – be it electronic or print, this will help on those long flights when you end up sitting next to someone not particularly interesting.
- Flashlight/Headlamp – You're snuggled up, ready to snooze and suddenly remember you've forgotten something in your luggage. No worries, you wont be fumbling around in the dark when you have this along.
- Sewing Kit – Repair a hole in your trousers, the loose button on your favorite shirt, or a rip in your day pack, this kit might just save you more one than it costs! Be sure to include safety pins and a larger needle for bigger jobs.
- Floss – Not just for your teeth, the super-strong fibers can be used to tied things together or used with a needle for a quick, heavy-duty repair.
- First aid kit – Treat minor wounds on the spot, blast a hangover headache, or solve an indigestion dilemma without ruining your day. Antibacterial cream, painkillers, bandages, antiseptic and indigestion remedies are among the important items in your kit.
Ready for an adventure, but not quite sure where to go? Check out some destination ideas at Green Tortoise Adventure Travel, or call 415 956-7500 and we'll be happy to help plan your next holiday!
Monday, March 11, 2013
Easter VacationStill scrambling to make holiday plans?
Upcoming Baja and Mexico Tours:
It's beginning to look a lot like springtime ...
Hammock swaying in the gentle ocean breeze, hummingbirds hovering over desert wildflowers, warm sea waters bathing you as you go for a leisurely swim ...
Wait, this isn't what your spring holidays will be like?
Well, it can be! The Green Tortoise still has space on the upcoming Baja Beach Daze 9-day trip!
Escape the cold weather, the candy tooth-ache, and the brunch blahs. Come to Baja where the sand, sun, and sea will rejuvenate your spirit and will create memories that will last a lifetime.
You'll meet new friends to have adventures with, share some incredible gourmet meals together and maybe even form some new holiday traditions!
Come by yourself or bring your loved ones ... either way, you'll be following your dreams of travel and adventure!
Contact us and book your spot today - 415 956 7500 Ext 1. We will be happy to help you!